About the Best Pets Gift Card
Australians love their pets and we have one of the highest rates of pet ownership in the world with our furry, feathered and scaly friends important members of our families. According to the Pet Industry Association of Australia "a higher proportion of us live in a house with a cat and/or a dog than with a child. The ratio of pets to the human population in Australia is around 101:100, meaning there are more animal companions than homo-sapiens."
The first of its kind in Australia, the Best Pets Gift Card is a national pet gift card redeemable at over 300 diverse and unique pet-friendly businesses. Cardholders can choose from pet stores, groomers, walkers, pet lodging, pet-friendly accommodation, pet cafes & bakeries, vets and many, many more. Some of the well-known businesses accepting the Best Pets Gift card include Just For Pets, Aussie Pooch Mobile, Hanrob Pet Hotels, PetLet, Mad Dogs & Englishmen and many more. For a full list of participating businesses please visit www.bestgiftcards.com.au/pets
The Best Pets Gift Card is sold in over 2,000 stores nationally (Coles, Woolworths, Target & Big W), online and through B2B channels. The Best Pets Gift Card is available in both physical and digital formats.
Celebrity vet and television presenter Dr Katrina Warren is excited about the launch:
“Australia has one of the highest rates of pet ownership in the world and the Best Pets Gift Card is a fantastic way to celebrate our pets by allowing owners to choose the product or experience they would like to spoil their pets”, said Dr Katrina. “Pets are valued members of the family and the Best Pets Gift Card offers a wonderful way to spoil them all year-round"
Some of the more unique experiences for cardholders around Australia include:
- wandering the Wobbly Boot Winery in Tasmania with your wine dog;
- sipping a cattacino with the cats at the Crazy Cat Café on the Gold Coast;
- giving your scaly friend a dental check up at the Girraween Vet in the Territory;
- having that special pet portrait taken by the award-winning Tame & Wild Studio in Sydney;
- indulge your pet at Hachi in Melbourne, a Japanese-style pet boutique;
- blowing out the candles on your fur baby’s birthday cake at the Woofery Dog Bakery & Café in South Australia;
- having a clean and happy pooch after Aussie Pooch Mobile visits in Canberra;
- seeing if your dog can really work the farm at Misty Valley’s Cottages in Western Australia.
Note to editors:
Online galleries can be shared and tagged #bestpetsgiftcard
For further information, additional images, interviews or editorial content for articles on Christmas Gift ideas, please contact:
1300 232 013